none
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed "Windows 7 Enterprise" and installed the developer components like VS 2008, 2010 so n so. When am trying to compile our application pre-built in VS2008 it's throwing compilation error as below (it's compiling successfully in WinXP and Vista) :

vbc : error BC31011: Unable to load referenced library 'C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Data.Entity.dll': No metadatawas found.

C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Data.Entity.dll : error BC31011: Unable to load referenced library 'C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Data.Entity.dll': No metadata was found.

When I go to the framework specific folder in Program Files, I found that V35 folder doesn't contain "System.Data.Entity.dll" assembly. Think, I ended up reaching the wall - can any one help me out of this? Otherwise the only option I have is to rollback to Vista or XP (which is again eats couple of days of mine). I tried reinstalling the SP1 forcefully (by swit'on and swit'off the feature so n so) but of no use.

Thanks in advance..

Hemanth .NET Professional
    Friday, December 31, 2010 6:30 AM

Answers