none
"Access Data Sources Across Domains" RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all

I'm currently working on my first gadget - a port of the mac version of http://www.getharvest.com/widget  for time tracking.

In the final stage of testing, I'm discovering that the gadget file will not access data from this service unless under Internet Options in IE, security tab, in the Internet Zone -> "custom level", I allow "Access Data Sources Across Domains".

From all I've read, gadgets are running in a hidden zone, with this option already enabled.  I can run other gadgets that access other websites (Gmail reader for example) -- so what am I missing to allow my gadget to access getharvest.com without forcing the user to change this  security setting?

thanks in advance
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:28 PM

All replies

• Apparently, I am also running into the same problem. Does anyone have a solution for this? What could have gone wrong?
    Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:34 AM
  • Try this thread.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:02 AM
  • The link is broken. Though it is much older, it would be helpful if any one can update with the right link/solution.

IE8, IE10 both require this additional user level settings while FF and Chrome do not need such. Apparently my client wants this in IE without any user level workarounds. 

thanks,

Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:04 AM