none
ADF V2 Pipelines/Datasets will not delete via portal

Question

• I have two pipelines with associated datasets that show in the Azure Portal Data Factory UI. I delete the pipelines, publish and the pipelines appear deleted. Refreshing the UI show they have not been deleted. 

Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm not seeing this in EastUS, what region is your Data Factory?  It might be a browser issue, I see that from time to time.  If you let me know what region your Data Factory is in, I'll try to replicate.

Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:30 PM
  • The Data Factory is in EastUS. 

If I select a pipeline and select delete, Publish All shows 2 items. 

Validate All will fail: Trigger 'trigger_CopyPipeline_fo9' cannot be activated and contain no pipelines.

Select Discard All, Publish All shows 1 item. 

Select Publish All, receive Successfully published message. Pipeline appears to be gone.

Refresh browser and pipeline has not been deleted.

Looking at Monitoring shows the pipeline running every day and triggered by TumblingWindowTrigger.

• Edited by baparker Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:44 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:44 PM
  • Hi baparker,

Selecting Discard all means discard deleting and retrieve pipeline. In ADFv2, we don't refresh the page after you discard all changes to ensure the performance(refresh takes a long time to finish in a very large data factory), so you didn't see the pipeline in UI, but it does been retrieved. This is why you refresh browser and see pipeline has not been deleted.

It may be an issue when you select Discard all but Publish all still show 1 item, we'll look into it.

Thanks.

Friday, August 17, 2018 3:12 AM