none
Multiple infopath forms in one sharepoint List

Question

• Hi All,

Is it possible to have multple infopath forms in one sharepoint site? I have read that is possible but the explanation is quite complicated.

My scenario:

1. I have an SP list

2. I have few infopath forms which needs to be connected (Vendor, Asset and Customer Forms)

Can i publish this 3 forms in one sharepoint list?

If yes, can you help me by explaining - am exploring the sharepoint functionality

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Gelo- you can't have more than 1 form associated with a list. However, you can pull in data from other lists into that 1 form. Please explain exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:24 PM
  • Hi Gelo123,

If you want to use different InfoPath Form in a list, try to add different content types in this list, and add data connection with different content types in InfoPath.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to site settings->site content types, create custom content type.
    2. Go to list settings->Advanced settings->select “Yes” in “Allow management of  content types”
    3. “Add from existing site content types” in content type section in set settings-> select the content type you create.
    4. In InfoPath, when you create a new form for SharePoint list, select the content type which the form apply to.

5. When you create an item, you can choose the different content type with different form.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:16 AM
  • Hi Grace!

thanks for the reply. its really helpful - i have followed until step 4 and was able to publish it.

two questions,1.  how can I edit the forms in the content type that i have made once it was published?

Because if I click the "customize in infopath" button, only the default list are shown.

Can you suggest some remedy?

2. In the other forms, should i name the controls the same example:

>First form: dropdown list is named as TYPE OF REQUEST

>Second form: dropdown list will be named as TYPE OF REQUEST too to show in the same column?

Thanks!

• Edited by Gelo123 Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:50 AM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:45 AM
  • Hi Gelo123,

For your first question, if you want to edit the form of a content type, do as step4 mentioned in my previous post.

Go to InfoPath->File->New->select SharePoint List->Design Form-> select list and content type in Data Connection Wizard->finish.

Then modify the form and publish it.

For your second question, if you add a control in the form of a content type in InfoPath, the control only used by this content type.

Even though you give the same name to the control of the two content types, it will display as two column with the same name in the list.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:33 AM
  • Hi Gelo123,

Is there any update?

If your issue is solved, please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:33 AM