full screen mode black out when MFT set MFT_OUTPUT_STREAM_PROVIDES_SAMPLES flag on RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I'm facing trouble when MFT set MFT_OUTPUT_STREAM_PROVIDES_SAMPLES flag on full screen mode black out and doesn't show any picuter.  If I didn't use full screen mode it just works fine. And also if MFT didn't set MFT_OUTPUT_STREAM_PROVIDES_SAMPLES flag it works fine with full screen mode.

Is it posible to use full screen mode when MFT set MFT_OUTPUT_STREAM_PROVIDES_SAMPLES flag?

Does MFT has to do something special when full screen mode is active?

Thanks.

kasumi.

Monday, November 27, 2006 4:38 AM

Answers

• When the EVR switches in and out of fullscreen mode, that's a device change.  Your MFT will need to be careful about watching for device changes; it's suggested that every time you produce a frame, you should first test the device (IDirect3DDeviceManager9::TestDevice).

Try that and let me know if that helps...

Friday, December 1, 2006 4:29 PM

All replies

• When the EVR switches in and out of fullscreen mode, that's a device change.  Your MFT will need to be careful about watching for device changes; it's suggested that every time you produce a frame, you should first test the device (IDirect3DDeviceManager9::TestDevice).

Try that and let me know if that helps...

Friday, December 1, 2006 4:29 PM
  •  

Thanks Becky.

It worked.

I added test device code before useing videoDecoderDevice and
    recreated device if device handle was invalid. 

kasumi.

Friday, December 8, 2006 3:31 AM
  • hi kasumi

Could you please tell me more about how you resolved your problem?

I met a problem very similiar with yours. With my MFT, the video can be shown on screen on "Full Screen" mode and black out on "Window" mode.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:32 AM