none
Visual Studio Preview for Mac C++ Library

Question

• Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place I didn't really know where to ask this question. I have just downloaded and installed Visual Studio Preview for Mac but none of the projects that I go to create are C++. I want to create a C++ console application but am unsure if I can do this in the preview version or how I am able to do this.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Ben

Friday, November 18, 2016 1:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

According to the release site for Visual Studio for Mac, it only mentioned that it supports "Build native mobile and Mac apps in C#". And there doesn't has any description about C++ project template.

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-mac/c

And following blog also mentioned "Both C# and F# are supported out of the box and our project templates provide developers with a skeleton that embodies the best practices to share code across mobile front ends and your backend".

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2016/11/16/visual-studio-for-mac/

So I'm afraid that Visual Studio for Mac is not support C++ project.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:53 AM
  • Hi Ben,

If the reply has resolved your doubts, please mark the reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same question.

If not, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 01, 2016 9:30 AM