none
Cannot find app resources file: "LOG: Attempting download of new URL file" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have recently upgraded to .NET 4 and VS 2010 from .NET 2.0 and VS2005. I have a couple of desktop applications that I am developing/maintaining and now when I try to launch them I get the following error from the FusionLog:

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry (2011-04-06 @ 09:40:20) ***

The operation failed.
    Bind result: hr = 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.

Assembly manager loaded from: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
    Running under executable C:\SVN\RAMSES Development\Tools\Nut\Nut\bin\Release\Nut.exe
    --- A detailed error log follows. 

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = SSCAD\csd
    LOG: DisplayName = Nut.resources, Version=0.8.13.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
     (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/SVN/RAMSES Development/Tools/Nut/Nut/bin/Release/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
    LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
    LOG: Cache Base = NULL
    LOG: AppName = Nut.exe
    Calling assembly : Nut, Version=0.8.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\SVN\RAMSES Development\Tools\Nut\Nut\bin\Release\Nut.exe.Config
    LOG: Using host configuration file: 
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/SVN/RAMSES Development/Tools/Nut/Nut/bin/Release/en/Nut.resources.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/SVN/RAMSES Development/Tools/Nut/Nut/bin/Release/en/Nut.resources/Nut.resources.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/SVN/RAMSES Development/Tools/Nut/Nut/bin/Release/en/Nut.resources.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/SVN/RAMSES Development/Tools/Nut/Nut/bin/Release/en/Nut.resources/Nut.resources.EXE.
    LOG: All probing URLs attempted and failed.

I cannot find any XXX.resources.xxx file?

My app.config file looks like this:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
      <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
      </startup>
    </configuration>
    Any help is really preciated!

• Moved by Andrew.Wu Friday, April 8, 2011 10:09 AM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:24 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Christian,

Wlcome to the MSDN forum!

Could you please try to delete the app.config file and set your application to target .Net Framework 4.0 by following the steps: “Project”->”Properties”->”Application”->”Target framework”, choose the .Net Framework 4. Then rebuild your application.

Have a nice day!

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Friday, April 29, 2011 3:21 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hi christian.svard,

I'm going to move your post to the Common Language Runtime Forum for more efficient response.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 8, 2011 10:08 AM
  •  

Hi Christian,

Wlcome to the MSDN forum!

Could you please try to delete the app.config file and set your application to target .Net Framework 4.0 by following the steps: “Project”->”Properties”->”Application”->”Target framework”, choose the .Net Framework 4. Then rebuild your application.

Have a nice day!

Paul Zhou [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Friday, April 29, 2011 3:21 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 10:09 AM