none
Table Fields in RDLC RRS feed

• Question

• I have created and RDLC object in my application. I have added a table to the report without a dataset. I have defined my sql query and dataset in code and assigned it to the report in code. The dataset works fine.

How can I get my fields in my table to show data from my coded dataset when the report is shown.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:18 PM

All replies

• Add the datasource to the report via Report Data toolbar.. Then I believe you also have to set the datasource in the Table Properties.. After that you can click on an individual cell, then click on the small gray box that appears.. This displays a context menu of your dataset, select which value you want to display in that row/column.
    Friday, November 5, 2010 9:46 AM
  • That is using a typed dataset. My dataset is only created during runtime of the report.  This is what I have.  I need to be able to get dataset fields in the report table from the dataset created below.

Dim ConnectionString As String

Dim connection As SqlConnection

'Dim command As SqlCommand

ConnectionString =

My.Settings.ConnectionSettings

connection =

New SqlConnection(ConnectionString)

connection.Open()

Dim da As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter("Select Statement", connection)

Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet

da.Fill(ds)

ReportViewer1.LocalReport.DataSources.Clear()

ReportViewer1.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(

New ReportDataSource("AssetDataSet_Assets", ds.Tables(0)))

connection.Close()

Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.ReportEmbeddedResource = "Assets.AssetName.rdlc"

Me.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

Me.ReportViewer1.Visible = True

Friday, November 5, 2010 11:28 AM