none
visual studio 2015 break point window

Question

• Hi,

In previous visual studio versions (before 2015) when standing on a function and pressing Ctrl+B the function was copied to the break point window. In visual studio 2015 this is not working. 

Somebody knows If this was intentional (this was very comfortable) or if there is a way to activate this?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 7:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Dina150,

I tested this feature on the previous versions of Visual Studio, found that function name copied to the input panel is worked on the Visual Studio ultimate version. The function name input panel is empty On other versions.

This is no ultimate version of Visual Studio 2015 and function name copied does not work in the existing version of Visual Studio 2015, so I submited a user voice to Visual Studio team to add this feature in the Visual Studio 2015. You can add your comments and check the feedback of this idea. Thanks for your post.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/357324-application-insights/suggestions/18324172-the-function-name-not-copied-to-the-input-panel-au

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 7:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Dina150,

The shortcut key Ctrl+B not working in your Visual Studio 2015 is because the value of the Apply the following the additional keyboard mapping scheme is not be selected “Default”. The shortcut keys are different base on the additional keyboard mapping scheme selected. So if you want to use shortcut key Ctrl+B to copy the function to the break point window, please set the value to be “Default”.

Besides, if you want to check shortcut key in current Visual Studio, you can get it from: Debug->New Breakpoint->Function Breakpoint.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Hi lileu,

Debug->New Breakpoint->Function Breakpoint is set to CTRL+B and the keyboard default scheme is selected.

If I press Ctrl+B the break point create window is opened but function name input panel is empty (In previous visual studio versions the function I'm standing on is copied to the input panel).

Thanks anyway

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:16 PM
  • Hi Dina150,

I tested this feature on the previous versions of Visual Studio, found that function name copied to the input panel is worked on the Visual Studio ultimate version. The function name input panel is empty On other versions.

This is no ultimate version of Visual Studio 2015 and function name copied does not work in the existing version of Visual Studio 2015, so I submited a user voice to Visual Studio team to add this feature in the Visual Studio 2015. You can add your comments and check the feedback of this idea. Thanks for your post.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/357324-application-insights/suggestions/18324172-the-function-name-not-copied-to-the-input-panel-au

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, February 16, 2017 7:54 AM