AS2 Decoder MDN Problem RRS feed

• Question

• We've created a Logic App from the AS2 Receive template. Both the sync and async versions of the Send MDN Action generate the MDN's headers using the OutBoundHeaders property of the AS2 Decoder. One of the headers it generates is Content-Type, which gets generated with this value:

"Content-Type": "multipart/signed;\tprotocol=\"application/pkcs7-signature\";\tmicalg=\"sha256\";\tboundary=\"_9fab1fa3-af11-419a-a5d4-eb4b77eb1403_\""

The problem is that \tmicalg=\"sha256\" is incorrect. The Agreement between the Partners in the Enterprise Integration Account says that MDNs must be signed with sha1 algorithm.

As a result, the other Partner is refusing to accept the MDNs.

Questions:

1. Is the Content-Type part of the AS2Decoder.OutboundHeaders supposed to ignore what it says in the Partners' Agreement about signing MDNs?

2. If so, what to do about a Partner who won't accept incorrect information in the AS2 headers?

3. Or if it is supposed to reflect the Partners' Agreement, why doesn't it, and how do I fix it?

Thursday, July 26, 2018 5:38 PM

All replies

• Maybe you can change the signing algorithm on the MDN to Sha1 in the agreement settings

Hope it help.

Mark it as Answer OR Please Vote as Helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark 

Thursday, July 26, 2018 10:03 PM
  • Thanks for suggestion, but we already did that. It's what I meant when I said, "The Agreement between the Partners in the Enterprise Integration Account says that MDNs must be signed with sha1 algorithm."

But the Content-Type generated by AS2Decoder.OutBoundHeaders still says  "micalg" equals "sha256", which is incorrect and contrary to the Agreement.

My question is whether Microsoft, or anyone else, can show a way to correct the erroneous Content-Type information being generated by AS2Connector.OutboundHeaders. Unless it is corrected, the other Partner will not accept signed MDNs from our Logic App.

Friday, July 27, 2018 4:11 PM
  • Hmm..this is interesting.

I found something online https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/epslab/2017/03/16/as2-agreement-mdn-issue-in-azure-logic-apps/

Hope it help.

Mark it as Answer OR Please Vote as Helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark 

Saturday, July 28, 2018 12:01 PM
  • That is nuts, but I'll try it. Thanks.

I'm curious about this "Logic Apps - EPS Team". Apparently it only survived long enough to make 3 blog posts.

Sunday, July 29, 2018 5:36 PM
  • That is nuts, but I'll try it. Thanks.

I'm curious about this "Logic Apps - EPS Team". Apparently it only survived long enough to make 3 blog posts.

practically 2..actually one of it was Hello Word..
    Monday, July 30, 2018 7:22 AM