none
Netframework error please help RRS feed

All replies

• Some things to clarify...

Does the application in question send or receive email? The first error message "System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required." indicates you have a mail server authentication issue.

What IS the program you are having an issue with?

Please note that because the application failed to handle the exception, the .NET Framework  attempted to, thus the references to .NET 4.0 components in the error messages.

If you want to verify your .NET 4.0 installation, please run this tool with .NET 4.0 selected:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Post the first 15 lines and last 15 lines of tool output here.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:49 PM
  • OK, I had to use verify tools
    I'm sorry, but that did not help

The program
    is a game hack

Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:02 AM
  • The verification tool is the first step in defining your problem. It's purpose is to provide information, not to solve problems with applications.

What was the verification result for .NET Framework 4.0?

Please sow results as previously requested:

"Post the first 15 lines and last 15 lines of tool output here."

That result will tell us if your issue is with .NET Framework 4.0 or with the "game hack".

Sunday, August 12, 2012 12:05 PM
  • Verification tool does not work

Enter the command line is netfx_setupverifier.exe /q:a /c:"setupverifier.exe /a"

It says netfx_setupverifier.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file

Verification tool  was Run

But not working unhandled exception has occurred in your application

The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1  error

Can you tell me how to use it? Please

.NET version 4.0.30319

• Edited by bob5333 Monday, August 13, 2012 9:51 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 9:46 AM
  • What batch file??

When you downloaded the setup verifier, it came as a .zip file, correct?

You need to open the archive and extract the netfx_setupverifier.exe file from the archive. You, then, double click the .exe to run it. You will see a verification dialog, then a license dialog, then the verifier dialog where you choose the .NET Framework version to verify.

There is NO command line.

Monday, August 13, 2012 1:25 PM
  • Error teach the
    Service Pack is not installed
    There is no standalone Service Pack 4.0
    I had a security update
    But
    Service Pack is not installed
    Says
    Why why, oh why can not
    Where can I find service packs?
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:01 AM
  • Have you run the verification tool as requested? If so, please post the results.
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:46 AM
  • Change the status to "General Discussion"

We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and click the button "Change Type" at the top of the post. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, August 27, 2012 5:43 AM