none
Debug Outlook 2013 AddIn from VS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I am developing an Outlook AddIn in VS 2013 (Windows 8.1). I have created one from template, added a form and then I want to debug my AddIn with Outlook. When I run the project with F5 Outlook starts, but my AddIn is not there - it is neither in the AddIns list nor in the blocked list.

There are also no entries in the registry created...

What shell I do to debug my AddIn?

• Edited by Stas Gisin Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:50 PM
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hello Stas,

Did you have a chance to check the list of COM Add-ins in Outlook? Is your add-in listed there as inactive?

Do you develop a VSTO based add-in? What template did you choose in VS?

There is no need to add registry records when you debug a VSTO based add-in. When you build the project, the code is compiled into an assembly that is included in the build output folder for the project. Visual Studio also creates a set of registry entries that enable Outlook to discover and load the add-in, and it configures the security settings on the development computer to enable the add-in to run.

See Walkthrough: Creating Your First Application-Level Add-in for Outlook for more information.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:04 PM
  • Yes, I did checked the list of add-ins in Outlook, that is why I know my add-in isn't laoded.

Yes, I know there is actually no need to add something in the registry, if you just debug from VS, I have already written add-ins for outlook 2010 with VS 2010 and everything was working like a charm :-) I just red about registry entries needed after deployment and thought that maybe my VS can't create them or something like that.

And yes, it is a VSTO project, same as here on this screen:

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:48 PM
  • Try to run VS with admin privileges (Run As...). Is the UAC enabled in Windows 8.1?
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:53 PM