none
Cannot Run my Application on another Computer. RRS feed

• Question

• hello experts,

I created an application which I Intended to test on another computerB. When I copied the Debug folder from My computer A to another Computer B and executed it on Computer B a error pop-up came stating cannot run this applications.I tried all the possible methods to find what is the cause of this problem including reinstalling Framework 4.0 Client Profile in Computer B as my application was created in 4.0 Client Profile , including Debugging of Program files,Change of Framework version 4.0 to 3.5 .

On checking in eventvwr I came across 2 errors coming from the application First one having its source in ".NET Runtime" and another in the Application.

Error that I copied from Eventvwr

This one came having Source : .NET Runtime

Application: CPMS.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Stack:

at CPMS.Program.Main()

2.)Below is Application error

Faulting application name: CPMS.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d883db6

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdaae

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x00009617

Faulting process id: 0x650

Faulting application start time: 0x01cbe857fa5d3cb9

Faulting application path: .........\Desktop\Debug\CPMS.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 3930f23b-544b-11e0-8946-e06995015447

BUT this application run smoothly in computer having Visual Studio installed in it and does not works in Computer not having Visual Studio installed in it.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 6:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Whitemist,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

It is strange that “this application run smoothly in computer having Visual Studio installed in it and does not works in Computer not having Visual Studio installed in it”. I don’t think it is the root reason. As we know, when installing VS, .NET Framework will be installed. I saw that CPMS.exe is based on .NET Framework v4.0.30319. It is necessary to install the same version of .NET Framework in target computer. Otherwise, I suggest that you can build your app with x86 option so that app will load dll from system32 folder.

More information about /platform.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:20 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 8:09 AM

All replies

• Are both machines with same configuration ?

Is first one 32 bit & second 64 bit. Do you have selected "Any CPU" in the project configuration ?

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:50 AM
  • Hi Whitemist,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

It is strange that “this application run smoothly in computer having Visual Studio installed in it and does not works in Computer not having Visual Studio installed in it”. I don’t think it is the root reason. As we know, when installing VS, .NET Framework will be installed. I saw that CPMS.exe is based on .NET Framework v4.0.30319. It is necessary to install the same version of .NET Framework in target computer. Otherwise, I suggest that you can build your app with x86 option so that app will load dll from system32 folder.

More information about /platform.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:20 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 8:09 AM
  •  

Could you compile the release version and copy that one to another computer?

Maybe you just forgot to copy some referenced assembly? 

Don't forget to mark the correct answer Blog
    Friday, March 25, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Hi Whitemist,
    Has your issue been resolved?

Now I will mark an answer. You could “Unmark As Answer if it doesn’t make sense.

Have a nice day!

Paul Zhou [MSFT]

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:20 AM
  • My Apologies to all for replying late.....

The solution was very simple i had to paste my third party dll's outside reference folder to run the exe.

It ran successfully on another computer.

Sorry once again for not replying.

Friday, May 27, 2011 5:38 AM
  • This is interesting with your config settings and the also it maybe the size of the data that you getting after the service calling.

Set them it will be corrected ..

Hamit YILDIRIM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 10:09 AM