none
Download report delays, just me? (Windows Store)

Question

• I'm already in touch with support on this. They asked me to send screenshots, which I did this morning.

What I want to know is am I the only one with a Windows Store (not Widows Phone Store) dashboard problem where the most recent download data is 6 days ago now.  Usually this report updates for me within 24 hours or at worst 36 hours of the end of the previous day. 

It would be interesting/useful to know if it is just me that is experiencing this.  I had the thought that it was a browser/cache/cookies problem but I've tried in another web browser (chrome vs. ie) and still saw the same data. 

-Rob

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• I also do not have any reports since 15th Oct, when I published the app.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:59 PM
  • The issue got worse this afternoon, now about 6 days of data that was there was zero'd out. I chatted with support and they had 'just become aware a few other developers also reported this'....

-Rob

[edit: If I copied the link right, there appears to be a forum post on this under 'windows phone': https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/05267792-8783-49cd-b566-b4c71b37b246/windows-missing-download-data-on-108?forum=wppayout ]

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:04 PM
  • Zero downloads for all apps (more than 10) since October 11 on the reports.  I am sure there have been lots of downloads. 

Hong

Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:04 AM
  • The link in the message before yours explains it.. They had missing data on the 8th of October, so the rewound to then and 'started over' the processing..

It was supposed to fill in one day every few hours.. But it was only 8am yesterday when it flipped to October 10th and I don't think it's gotten past October 10th.

Now today and tomorrow the processing is supposed to be down for 'scheduled maintenance' as it says in that link above (unless they've updated it).

-Rob

Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:24 AM
  • Thanks, Rob, for the explanation.

According to the table, data processing completes and download data up to 10/21 should be visible by 10/22.  It is 10/23 now.  I assume it there has been some glitch, and they have not updated the table yet.  I will wait for a few days.

Hong

Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:42 AM
  • They added the following to the top of that page:

"

Update 10/22:

Data continues to be out of SLA.

"

Meaning Service-level-agreement is not being met and they are aware of it.  Something probably didn't go smooth.

I imagine they still are going to be down for scheduled maintenance today and tomorrow.

-Rob

Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:04 PM
  • Thanks, Rob, for the clarification.  I was wondering what SLA stood for.

Hong

Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:14 PM
  • October 11th just filled in, so I guess processing is still happening!

-Rob

-Rob

Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:32 PM
  • Thanks for the notification. I have just checked the reports. Yes, Oct. 11 data are in. I assume they have resumed the processing.

Wouldn't it be great if they posted the update on the report page? 

Hong

Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:43 PM
  • Hello Rob,

We are currently aware of an issue causing Download Data to be delayed.  We have a sticky on this here: Windows Missing Download Data.  We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

- Miles

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Thursday, October 23, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Miles,

Thanks

I actually had included the link earlier, though it was easy to miss.

Did you notice the forum is a Windows Phone Dev Center forum?  (clicking your link you can see that in blue towards the top of the message).  That's why I don't frequent that forum.  If it's no longer limited to windows phone perhaps the name should be updated.

The most recent data is still Oct 11th - that showed up about 10am today, October 10th showed up 8am yesterday, so I'm guessing there's about 26 hour processing time for each 24 hours worth of data?  At that rate, I'd note it'll never catch up.  It's a little frustrating because all the numbers on the dashboard are off, not just behind. 

-Rob

-Rob

Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:53 PM
  • Ironically our Windows Phone apps do not have this issue even though the linked post is about Windows Phone apps.  The data of Windows Store apps are updated to Oct. 13 now.  Today is Oct. 24. 

Hong

Friday, October 24, 2014 10:17 PM
  • I've got October 14th data now, it looks like in 36 hours it moved forward about 3 days, so we're up to an every-12-hour per day of updated data rate.

-Rob

Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:20 AM