none
WinPE touch panel driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I am working on WinPE, and it have a serial touch panel and I need a touch driver which read serial data from touch panel and convert it as "mouse" event, so button or on-screen keyboard could work. I know what touch panel controller command need send to touch panel to initialize it. However, I need a simple touch panel driver example of source code, so I can simply add some initialization code. anyone have such code exist?

Thanks

Lu

ydlu

Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:17 PM

Answers

• There are sample drivers in the WDK. You may be able to modify one of the samples for your needs, but Windows drivers can be very complex. There is plenty of documentation on how to write drivers. If you don't want to write the driver yourself, there are plenty of consultants in this forum and on the WDK forum that can write the driver for you

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Friday, July 26, 2019 8:53 PM

All replies

• There are sample drivers in the WDK. You may be able to modify one of the samples for your needs, but Windows drivers can be very complex. There is plenty of documentation on how to write drivers. If you don't want to write the driver yourself, there are plenty of consultants in this forum and on the WDK forum that can write the driver for you

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Friday, July 26, 2019 8:53 PM
  • Thank you. Which example of UMDF driver you are mentioned? What API I could pass the "Mouse (x, y)" into mouse device driver and set it as a mouse click event? 

ydlu

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:36 PM
  • Sorry, it won't be that simple. You should be able to modify VHIDMini2 to do what you want. There are also a bunch of non-Microsoft projects on GitHub that may do what you want, with little or no modification of their driver. Search for "virtual HID"

-Brian

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:43 PM