none
how many updates need to be left in my computer? I have so many .net updates it takes an entire page to list them. RRS feed

• Question

• how many updates need to be left in my computer? I have so many .net updates it takes an entire page to list them.
    Sunday, September 20, 2015 8:10 PM

Answers

• Hello wheel1963,

Are you referring to installed updates? If so, please understand that all are needed to keep your system up to date. Please don't let the number of updates concern you. When a product is updated, new code replaces old so additional resources are not consumed.

Also, please keep in mind that you probably have at least two major .NET versions installed:

.NET 2.0 plus updates 3.0 and 3.5

.NET 4.0 plus updates 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2 and 4.6

This also increases the number of updates.

Monday, September 21, 2015 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi wheel1963,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Do you mean that there list many update on your Windows Update?

If it is, you can install them to update your windows to the latest.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 21, 2015 8:54 AM
  • Hello wheel1963,

Are you referring to installed updates? If so, please understand that all are needed to keep your system up to date. Please don't let the number of updates concern you. When a product is updated, new code replaces old so additional resources are not consumed.

Also, please keep in mind that you probably have at least two major .NET versions installed:

.NET 2.0 plus updates 3.0 and 3.5

.NET 4.0 plus updates 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2 and 4.6

This also increases the number of updates.

Monday, September 21, 2015 2:46 PM