none
Add-In Commands...Is there a way to get 2 different Add-Ins to use the same custom tab? RRS feed

• Question

• If two or more Excel Add-ins do similar things or are from the same company is it possible for to make them appear on the same custom tab in Excel?

In each manifest I have tried this and used the same <Custom Tab "id=..." and <Label resid="..." but Excel creates 2 separate tabs with the same name.

Thanks,

Jim

Monday, April 25, 2016 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

For Riboon tabs, we could extend built-in tabs or create a new custom tab. Base on the document, CustomTab will add a custom tab to the ribbon, I think we could not use the same custom tab even through you use the same ID for CustomTab.

If this is a feature you want to include in the future version of Office add in, I suggest you submit a feedback in the link below:

http://officespdev.uservoice.com

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:58 AM