none
Set Auto Launch exe. in Windows embedded CE 6.0 using platform builder. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an C# application which runs on WinCE 6.0.

I have platform builder to modify the WinCE OS.

Now I want to launch the C# application at the WinCE boot up time.

When I did google, I got to know that through platform.reg I can set the auto launch application by creating 2 registry entry LaunchXX and DependXX

I can assign C# application exe name to registry. But my question is where should I copy the developed exe in the OS so that auto launch will refer that exe.

Thanks, Harish

Friday, January 16, 2015 4:19 AM

All replies

• One option is just add your exe in platform.bib file of your BSP under FILES section.

Regards,

GSR

• Proposed as answer by Keshava GN Friday, January 16, 2015 4:58 AM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 4:42 AM
  • Copy the application exe in files folder, and, add the entry in platform.bib.

FILES
    app.exe      $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\app.exe        NK
    • Proposed as answer by Keshava GN Friday, January 16, 2015 4:59 AM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 4:57 AM
  • Hi,

I keep exe, supported binaries and its config files in SDCard.

How to auto launch the exe kept it in SDCard.

Thanks, Harish

Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:26 AM
  • You need an application actually *in* the OS, not on a storage device, to do this. You don't control the mount order of filesystems. When the Init keys are processed, your SD card is not mounted. The conventional solution is creation of a built-in monitoring application which will detect SD card mount event and launch your selected program(s).

Paul T.

Friday, January 23, 2015 4:02 PM
  • I agree with Paul, but another option is to have a little exe in the OS that waits for the disk to mount, then runs apps from it.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 12:28 PM
  • If it is located in the SDCard, just modify OSDesign.reg to add the key for autolaunching your executable and suggest you also look at https://autolaunch4ce.codeplex.com/ to add an autolaunch component to your OS. It simplifies everything you need to do. If you can compile your OS with the executable included, this will take care of everything and you just set the priority of the launch.
    Monday, February 9, 2015 10:05 PM