C#-to-Visual Basic and Q42.HueAPI Question

Question

• Hello,

I am attempting to develop an app for controlling the Philips Hue lights. I have a question regarding the required VB syntax while using a custom Q42.HueAPI package I had downloaded from NuGet.

The code sample given in C# to send a command to an individual light is this:

client.SendCommandAsync(command, new List<string> { "1" });

What would be the Visual Basic equivalent of the underlined part above, where the selected light number is invoked? The API for the SendCommandAsych shows this tooltip for the lightlist selection:

[lightlist As System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable(Of String) = Nothing]

I guess I don't understand the Enum requirement. Any pointers appreciated.

Sunday, January 4, 2015 11:36 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

Q42.HueAPI is third party library and it’s out of our support range. If you have questions about the library, I would recommend you post thread on https://github.com/Q42/Q42.HueApi.

If you have questions about how to convert C# to VB.net, please post more information about that scenario.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 5, 2015 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

Q42.HueAPI is third party library and it’s out of our support range. If you have questions about the library, I would recommend you post thread on https://github.com/Q42/Q42.HueApi.

If you have questions about how to convert C# to VB.net, please post more information about that scenario.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 5, 2015 8:41 AM
  • I'm not really good in VB but you can maybe rewrite it too (this is c#)

var list = new List<string>();

list.Add("1")

client.SendCommandAsync(command, list);

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Monday, January 5, 2015 8:48 AM