none
Is it possible to enable Co-Authoring in own WopiHost? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Gennady,

The thread you referenced does refer to the protocol examples but does not point to the specific sections on coauthoring in [MS-FSSHTTP] where this is described. First, it's important to read and understand [MS-WOPI], [MS-FSSHTTP] and [MS-FSSHTTPB]/[MS-FSSHTTPD]. These protocol specifications go hand in hand (FSSHTTP SOAP envelope packets are embodied in WOPI ExecuteCellStorage* requests) and describe how WOPI hosts and clients work together to retrieve and update files on the WOPI host.

The relevant sections for coauthoring are:

3.1.4.3 Coauth Subrequest - this describes the various types of coauthoring requests that should be handled and the subrequest that is used to make them.

3.1.4.4 and 3.1.4.5 (locks) - these requests are used in coauthoring to lock partitions or the whole file refered to by a URL. Locking is essential to coauthoring. 

Please review these and let me know if you have more specific questions. I can provide details as you are implementing.

Tom

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 5:35 PM

All replies

• Gennady,

Thank you for your question.  An engineer from the Protocols team will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 4:29 PM
  • Hi Gennady,

I will look into this for you and see what other information I can provide.

Thanks for your patience,

Tom Jebo

Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, July 24, 2015 6:07 PM
  • Hi Tom Jebo,
    Do you have any update?

Thanks

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:56 AM
  • Hi Gennady,

sorry for the delay. Although the thread you referenced has the basic information for this, I am trying to get more detail to help point you in the right direction. I hope to get back to you soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Tom

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 6:31 AM
  • Hi Gennady,

The thread you referenced does refer to the protocol examples but does not point to the specific sections on coauthoring in [MS-FSSHTTP] where this is described. First, it's important to read and understand [MS-WOPI], [MS-FSSHTTP] and [MS-FSSHTTPB]/[MS-FSSHTTPD]. These protocol specifications go hand in hand (FSSHTTP SOAP envelope packets are embodied in WOPI ExecuteCellStorage* requests) and describe how WOPI hosts and clients work together to retrieve and update files on the WOPI host.

The relevant sections for coauthoring are:

3.1.4.3 Coauth Subrequest - this describes the various types of coauthoring requests that should be handled and the subrequest that is used to make them.

3.1.4.4 and 3.1.4.5 (locks) - these requests are used in coauthoring to lock partitions or the whole file refered to by a URL. Locking is essential to coauthoring. 

Please review these and let me know if you have more specific questions. I can provide details as you are implementing.

Tom

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 5:35 PM