service.GetUserAvailability.WorkingHours is not returning the timezone name or id RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get multiple users' time zone and was using service.GetUserAvailability.WorkingHours to get the timezone for a user. I am getting the offset of an user's timezone, but not getting the timezone name or timezone id(actually a alphanumeric string is received for id). Please help to sort this issue to get the Timezone name
    Friday, November 14, 2014 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

the user timezone is available in UserConfiguration object named "OWA.UserOptions" (under root folder) : read the key "timezone" which contains the windows timezone id.

Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.UserConfiguration options = Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.UserConfiguration.Bind(service, "OWA.UserOptions", Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.WellKnownFolderName.Root, Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.UserConfigurationProperties.All);

string tzId = (string) options.Dictionary["timezone"];

Regards,

Désiré GOVIN Refresh IT Solutions

Friday, November 14, 2014 11:31 AM
  • My code is

GetUserAvailabilityResults freeBusyResults = service.GetUserAvailability(attendees, new TimeWindow(meetingStartDateTime, meetingEndDateTime), AvailabilityData.FreeBusy,
                                                                                        myOptions);

if (availability != null && availability.WorkingHours != null && availability.WorkingHours.TimeZone != null)
                   {
                       TimeZoneInfo tzi = (TimeZoneInfo)availability.WorkingHours.TimeZone;

listAttendee[i].TimeZone = tzi;
                       listAttendee[i].StandardNameTZ = GetStandardNameTZ(tzi);
                   }

Friday, November 14, 2014 11:46 AM
  • Hi,

I am getting the time zone BaseUtcOffset but daylight savings are not applying on that

Regards,

K.Saravana Deepak

Friday, November 21, 2014 10:06 AM