Javascript console as part of Windows 8 Modern UI app RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to insert the JavaScript console of IE (F12 tools) in to the front end of the Modern UI app?

Thanks,

Niranjan

Monday, April 29, 2013 7:54 PM

Answers

• No, this is not possible.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:32 PM

All replies

• Do you want to provide the console for your end users or do you want to "debug" another app that you don't have the source codes for?
    Monday, April 29, 2013 8:12 PM
  • I want to provide a console to the end user.
    Monday, April 29, 2013 9:00 PM
  • No, this is not possible.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:32 PM
  • To provide a console you could just add an input field, execute the code the user enters using:

(new Function(input.value))()

and add the input to an internal history buffer, which can be circled through using the up/down arrows in the input field.

Of course more sophisticated stuff, like displaying the result of the user executed code in a tree-like object graph is more difficult :)
    • Edited by phil_ke Friday, May 10, 2013 12:37 PM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 12:37 PM