Azure data factory tools - Visual Studio's internal web browser shows an error when it should display a pipeline graph / diagram RRS feed

• Question

• I have DataFactory Tools for Visual Studio v. 0.9.3527.2 installed on VS 2015 Professional. When I double-click on a json file in my solution's Pipelines folder, a message window showing an error pops up. The window is created by Visual Studio's internal web browser. It cannot be resized to show the entire message:

Visual Studio's ActivityLog.xml doesn't seem to record anything relevant.

Below are the contents from DataFactory Tool's log file:

It seems it generates an html with the pipeline graph in it, but trying to open it with the internal web browser fails. I assumed file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/ezbeuovv.tvf/PipelineGraph.html is that html file. Trying to open it in Chrome results in a bunch of errors:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0
        at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
        at PipelineGraphViewModel.layout (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2014.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/ezbeuovv.tvf/PipelineGraphViewModel.js:103:38)
        at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2014.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/ezbeuovv.tvf/PipelineGraphViewModel.js:146:28)
        at fire (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2014.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/ezbeuovv.tvf/jquery-2.1.0.js:3047:30)
        at Object.add [as done] (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2014.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/ezbeuovv.tvf/jquery-2.1.0.js:3093:7)
        at jQuery.fn.init.jQuery.fn.ready (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2014.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/ezbeuovv.tvf/jquery-2.1.0.js:3326:25)
        at jQuery.fn.init (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2014.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/ezbeuovv.tvf/jquery-2.1.0.js:2768:16)
        at jQuery (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2014.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/ezbeuovv.tvf/jquery-2.1.0.js:78:10)
        at Main (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2014.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/ezbeuovv.tvf/PipelineGraphViewModel.js:143:9)
        at Object.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2014.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/ezbeuovv.tvf/PipelineGraphViewModel.js:164:7)

How to get the pipeline graphs working?

Friday, March 24, 2017 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Jaakko,

Thank you for your update.

Refer to your description, this issue is about Azure Data Factory. Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, I will help you move this thread to this appropriate forum: Microsoft Azure Azure Data Factory to seek for the professional support for your issue, thank you for your understanding.

If you have any issue about VS IDE, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Hi Jaakko,

We are looking into your issue. In the meantime, do you mind uninstalling the ADF plugin for Visual Studio and reinstalling the on from this link:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=AzureDataFactory.MicrosoftAzureDataFactoryToolsforVisualStudio2015#review-details

Thanks,

Hermine

Friday, March 31, 2017 10:23 PM
  • Hi Hermine,

For an unrelated reason I just made a clean install of Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015 Professional. Then I used the link you provided to download ADF tools and installed it. Still I get the same issue. Also, a friend of mine gets the same error on his computer (a different configuration than mine) as well.

Regards,

Jaakko
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:06 AM
  • Hi Jaakko,

Would you be able to share your json files with us? Please make sure to remove all secrets.

Thanks,

Hermine

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 5:43 PM
  • Hi Hermine,

I am quite sure there is nothing special about my json files, so I won't send them yet. But I have something from the ActivityLog.xml now:

<entry>
        <record>610</record>
        <time>2017/04/11 13:31:08.084</time>
        <type>Error</type>
        <source>Editor or Editor Extension</source>
        <description>System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionException: The composition produced a single composition error. The root cause is provided below. Review the CompositionException.Errors property for more detailed information.&#x000D;&#x000A;&#x000D;&#x000A;1) No exports were found that match the constraint: &#x000A;&#x0009;ContractName&#x0009;Microsoft.JSON.Core.Schema.IJSONSchemaEvaluationReportCache&#x000A;&#x0009;RequiredTypeIdentity&#x0009;Microsoft.JSON.Core.Schema.IJSONSchemaEvaluationReportCache&#x000D;&#x000A;&#x000D;&#x000A;Resulting in: Cannot set import &apos;Microsoft.Web.Editor.Composition.ComponentLocator(Microsoft.JSON.Core.Schema.IJSONSchemaEvaluationReportCache)+SingleImporter.Import (ContractName=&quot;Microsoft.JSON.Core.Schema.IJSONSchemaEvaluationReportCache&quot;)&apos; on part &apos;Microsoft.Web.Editor.Composition.ComponentLocator(Microsoft.JSON.Core.Schema.IJSONSchemaEvaluationReportCache)+SingleImporter&apos;.&#x000D;&#x000A;Element: Microsoft.Web.Editor.Composition.ComponentLocator(Microsoft.JSON.Core.Schema.IJSONSchemaEvaluationReportCache)+SingleImporter.Import (ContractName=&quot;Microsoft.JSON.Core.Schema.IJSONSchemaEvaluationReportCache&quot;) --&gt;  Microsoft.Web.Editor.Composition.ComponentLocator(Microsoft.JSON.Core.Schema.IJSONSchemaEvaluationReportCache)+SingleImporter&#x000D;&#x000A;&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionResult.ThrowOnErrors(AtomicComposition atomicComposition)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.ImportEngine.SatisfyImportsOnce(ComposablePart part)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CompositionContainer.SatisfyImportsOnce(ComposablePart part)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.NetFxAdapters.CompositionService.SatisfyImportsOnce(ComposablePart part)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.ComponentModel.Composition.AttributedModelServices.SatisfyImportsOnce(ICompositionService compositionService, Object attributedPart)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.Web.Editor.Composition.ComponentLocator`1.Import()&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.JSON.Package.Schema.ActiveJSONSchema..ctor(ITextBuffer textBuffer)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.JSON.Package.Schema.ActiveJSONSchema.TryFromTextBuffer(ITextBuffer buffer)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.JSON.Package.Schema.JSONSchemaWatcherProvider.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass0_0.&lt;CreateSchemaWatcher&gt;b__0()&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Utilities.PropertyCollection.GetOrCreateSingletonProperty[T](Object key, Func`1 creator)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.JSON.Package.Schema.JSONSchemaWatcherProvider.CreateSchemaWatcher(ITextBuffer textBuffer)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.JSON.Editor.Validation.JSONErrorTagger..ctor(ITextBuffer textBuffer)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.JSON.Editor.Validation.JSONErrorTagger.Attach(ITextBuffer textBuffer)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.JSON.Editor.Validation.JSONErrorTaggerProvider.CreateTagger[T](ITextBuffer textBuffer)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Tagging.Implementation.TagAggregator`1.GatherTaggers(ITextBuffer textBuffer)</description>
      </entry>
    </activity>

Regards,

Jaakko

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:49 PM
  • Hi Jaakko, 

Is that issue got resolved, I'm also facing browser error while opening adf pipelines, may i know what you done.

Regards,

Gopinath S

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 10:40 AM