HTMLEditor not working after updating to Toolkit 4.5 RRS feed

• Question

• User-695996974 posted

I have a customized HTMLEditor that has several new buttons/functions added to it. It has been working fine for a couple of years. When I converted from the 3.5 toolkit to the 4.5 version, it stops working.  All I see is a blank area where the editor is supposed to be. 

I realize that this must mean that 4.5 has dropped the HTMLEditor in favor of the HTMLEditorExtender.  I have seen posts where people have asked how to customize the extender, but all I see are responses that show how to customize the old HTMLEditor.  Is there a way to customize the HTMLEditorExtender, where I can add custom buttons?

The custom buttons, for example, do:

• Load a popup of images from a folder in my web app
    • Insert a fixed text value into the HTML

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, November 1, 2013 12:00 PM

Answers

• User-417640953 posted

Hi dtsob75,

I'm glad to you post the issue to asp.net forum.

From your description, I see that you want to add your custom buttons to the ToolBar of HTMLEditorExtender.

I'd like to suggest you add a MethodButton and define client-side onclick to do script. As others said, it is no way to define server-side onclick of it.

However, you can build a doPostBack functionality on client if you'd like to do onclick on the server-side.

In split of the different versions of AjaxControlToolkit, I think the principle of them is same.

Please check below link.

http://vincexu.blogspot.in/2009/06/how-to-add-custom-button-on-toptoolbar.html

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:28 PM

All replies