none
CRM Adapter - High availability ( Install on more than one server) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello CRM Adapter gurus,

We have two servers in production system and they are configured with high avilability(both are in same group, both servers are configured under each host). We started using CRM adatper now, installed on first machine, went fine, tyring to install on second machine, it failed saying that it aleady installed.

During runtime, it is giving errors for second machine as below.
    =========================================================================================
    The Messaging Engine failed to create the transport adapter "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0".

OutboundAssemblyPath: "NULL"

OutboundTypeName: "Microsoft.Crm.BizTalkAdapter.Runtime.SolicitResponseTransmitter, Microsoft.Crm.BizTalkAdapter.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"

Exception Details: "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.BizTalkAdapter.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
    =========================================================================================

And the second machine's GAC does not have any crm related assemblies.

I looked at the usage document(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=abd3bb9e-a59a-4eb6-8de8-fb25b77926d7&displaylang=en) it does not specify it for multiple machines.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kishore

Monday, January 24, 2011 5:59 PM

Answers

• I do not think the CRM 4 adapter can be used on more than one server in a BizTalk group. This limitation is not documented well but I have seen this at a customer. The new CRM 2011 integration option over the WCF adapters provides better scalability.

I think in CRM 4 it makes an RPC call or something like this to the server that has the CRM 4 adapter and calls it from there.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by Bhava Monday, January 24, 2011 8:17 PM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 6:59 PM

All replies

• I do not think the CRM 4 adapter can be used on more than one server in a BizTalk group. This limitation is not documented well but I have seen this at a customer. The new CRM 2011 integration option over the WCF adapters provides better scalability.

I think in CRM 4 it makes an RPC call or something like this to the server that has the CRM 4 adapter and calls it from there.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by Bhava Monday, January 24, 2011 8:17 PM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 6:59 PM
  • Hey Ben

ok,thank you replying.

Monday, January 24, 2011 8:16 PM