[Q] WF4 Getting Started Tutorial doesn't have code attached RRS feed

• Question

• So I'm trying to go through the getting started tutorial, but even on the the first step of "Create An Activity"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-my/library/dd489453(en-us,VS.100).aspx

I don't see any code for the ReadInt activity. Which I think contains something to read input from something? I thought it was because of the new views but I tried both classic and scriptfree mode and still nothing.

Can anyone point me to a completed sample? Or point me to where the code is? Thanks.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Friday, April 2, 2010 10:55 AM
  • I create the ReadInt activity using the VB code. When I now add it into the Prompt activity and hook up the arguments, compilation fails with:

Error 1 XC1020: Build error occurred in the XAML MSBuild task: 'Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.' C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\ActivityLibrary1\Prompt.xaml ActivityLibrary1

I have tried this tutorial on two machines and both give the same error.

VS2010 with SP1.

SteynPJM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:39 PM
  • Finally figured it out.

Project settings must be set to Option Compare Binary.

If set to Option Compare Text you get XC1020 error.

Marius

Monday, July 23, 2012 7:52 AM