none
Issue going from IDE to IIS 7.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Alright, I am developing a site for a small group and need to make use of the ASP.NET login controls.

I am running into some issues though.

I can login fine when I am in the IDE, however when I upload to my local IIS server, it won't work. Gives me the "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again" message.

I have been looking around for about 10~ hours and have yet to find a solution that works.

This machine is running vista and I think this is an issue with permissions to my SQL database (2005 express edition) because when I created my own custom provider I kept getting a permissions error on my "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" account.

I do not own a copy of the comercial SQL server, nor does the size of this group merit anything like that. (size being like 3 people need to login for administration purposes).

I am using the default AspNetSqlProvider and basically have put everything back to the default stuff that gets setup when you first enable roles/login/ect.

This was developed in VWD 2008. If there is anything else you need to know please reply!

Thanks,

-EJ B.

note: all of my other objects that are pulling data from a separate database work fine, it is just the login control that wont work.
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:26 AM

All replies