none
Streets & Trips GPS Sensors RRS feed

• Question

• During the talk at PDC it was mentioned that there aren't any GPS adapters supporting the Sensor platform. How about providing support for one that many of us (developers) have anyways - the one that ships with Streets & Trips? That would be absolutely great.

Chris
    http://chrison.net/

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:25 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the suggestion, Christophe. We'll look into what it takes to make that happen.

Jim
    Jim Travis Windows SideShow Team
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 5:57 AM
  • I have to stop and wonder why there isn't a standard NMEA COM driver. My Nokia LD-4W does one thing; it gets a GPS fix and pipes it over bluetooth. Every recent version of Windows has had the intermediate GPS driver built in. Now Microsoft wants individual drivers to be able to handle standard NMEA data? I can understand the need for drivers for devices that do more than just GPS, like a mobile phone or a navigation device, but for a simple GPS receiver that streams the world standard GPS data format over a COM port? Seriously? You guys thik every bluetooth chipset or dongle maker is going to make drivers for a standard that is platform agnostic? That's like requiring speaker makers who use a 3.5mm plug to make a driver for each different speaker setup they make.
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 5:53 PM
  • There is; see forum root. I had the same wondering like you, until I made the driver myself.
    Michael
    Monday, October 12, 2009 6:47 PM