none
I need Algorithm idea for virtual dresser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i know this is not an original idea but i want to do this type of project as my first kinect application, See im not new to game and graphics development and I want to play with the Kinect and maybe do some projects later :)

Heres my question; I need help on determining what is the best way or How did demos like the one that is shown on youtube where people will just stand infront of the kinect, chooses shoes or any type of t-shirts or attire and virtually is attached to the user's image on the video? ex: virtual dressing, Barbie dream closet, or even just a simple "Put a hat to a person".

Heres a sample of what id like to do:

http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/kinect/Convergence-of-Style-and-Technology-for-New-York-Fashion-Week-with-Kinect-for-Windows-Power

Can you guys give some ideas or algorithm with regards to this?

Im more interested on HOW did they do it? :)

Things like; How is data handled, is it on 2D? 3D? 

what would be the kinect data that will be used from this? Is the skeleton data used?

My first thinking was, to use the skeleton data, map it to a 3D model, but Do not display the 3D model and display the oobjects only, But im not sure about this approach.

What would be a good approach for this?

A brief description will do :)
    • Edited by cebugmdev Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:09 AM aded sample link
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:25 AM

All replies

• putting shoes etc in my opinion is quite easy because you have joints so you can use it.

btw I'am also interested in such project, I think using Unity3D is good choice for this app

Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:05 PM
  • yeah, the way to "put the shoe" is fairly easy because there are joints info, 

but my problem right now is how to Render the shoe;

Do we render a 3D shoe along with the RGB data? I assume we use a 3D version of the shoe or a hat so whenever the person moves it will render correctly, but like what i said, its just my assumption.

Hope somebody can enlighten us about this :)

Friday, December 21, 2012 5:27 AM
  • Hope somebody can enlighten us about this :)

yeah it would be great, but I have an idea about using some 3D models from for example blender and then import them to wpf app
    Friday, December 21, 2012 9:04 AM