The resource not found error RRS feed

• Question

• User-409365876 posted

I have a bunch of literals that try to get their info from a resource. I want the page to show Dutch automatically and english by use of a url parameter (?lang=en)

Sub page_load()
    paneldrp.Visible = True
    panelG.Visible = True
    panelA.Visible = False
    panelA_sub.Visible = False
    PanelVW.Visible = False
    'Literal0.Text = Me.GetLocalResourceObject("gesch.Text").ToString() 'uses the currentUICulture

Dim cultureName As String
    Dim uiCultureName As String
    'Dim culture_object As CultureInfo
    Dim subp As String = Request.QueryString("lang")
    If subp = "en" Then
    cultureName = "en-GB"
    uiCultureName = "en-GB"
    ElseIf subp = "nl" Then
    cultureName = "nl-BE"
    uiCultureName = "nl-BE"
    Else : cultureName = "nl-BE"
    uiCultureName = "nl-BE"
    End If

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = New CultureInfo(cultureName)
    System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = New CultureInfo(uiCultureName)
    Literal0.Text = System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.ToString
    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(cultureName)
    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(uiCultureName)
    Response.Redirect(Request.Path)
    'Server.Transfer(Request.Path)
    End Sub

<asp:Literal ID="Literal1" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources:Voorstelling.aspx.nl-BE, bevord.Text %>"></asp:Literal>

<asp:Literal ID="Literal3" runat="server" meta:resourcekey="natsamw"></asp:Literal>

I use implicit and explicit binding to the resource; with the programmatical binding,

Literal0.Text = Me.GetLocalResourceObject("gesch.Text").ToString()

I keep getting a " System.InvalidOperationException: The resource class for this page was not found. Please check if the resource file exists and try again."

My web.config looks like <globalization uiCulture="auto:nl" culture="auto:nl-BE"/>

In Literal1 I use Resources:Voorstelling.aspx.nl-BE, bevord.Text . Is this correct?

The resources are named "Voorstelling.aspx.nl-BE.resx" and "Voorstelling.aspx.en-GB.resx". There are copies of it in the root and in App_LocalResources. They are also compiled form in ../bin/site.dll, in ../bin/en-GB and in ../bin/nl-BE . Where should I save my resources?

At this moment I want my page to recognize the resources without using InitializeCulture() or any fancy stuff.Is this possible?

This problem has been bugging me for 2 days already. I tried iisreset /stop and /start. Thanks in advance for any pointers...

Thursday, March 25, 2010 9:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• User-1636183269 posted

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933383

Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:13 AM
  • User-409365876 posted

Hello Das,

Thank you. I have read the article before. I couldn't download the hotfix, but I did try the workaround many times. It didn't work afterwards. Have I saved my resources in the right place and have I given them correct names?

Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:30 AM
  • User-409365876 posted

Hello,

Sorry to bump my own post, but could anyone telle me what might be wrong? Also, the hotfix page you mname doesn't include any download link, while the help page says links to hotfixes appear at the top of the page.

Anyway, I'm using version 3.5, so I don't think the hotfix would help?...

Friday, March 26, 2010 5:29 AM
  • User-1636183269 posted

Even I am also not sure, hotfix can solve this problem but you can ask atleast hot fix to microsoft supprt team

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 26, 2010 6:52 AM
  • User-409365876 posted

Hi everyone,

Where should I save my resources? Should I use the original xml files or the Site.resources.dll version? Should that be in /bin or in /bin/<<language>>-<<culture>>?

Should they be named pagename.aspx.<<language>>-<<culture>>.resx or pagename.<<language>>-<<culture>>.resx . I have found several ways of working in tutorials etc., but they didn't help.

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:53 AM