Newbie needing help RRS feed

• Question

• Okay lets put it this way Im a high schooler, and I makin a browser , but in my drop down menu's I dont know how to make one of the buttons access the aboutbox.vb so when they click on it they get the about box. Can anyone please assist me?
    Thursday, August 3, 2006 3:04 AM

Answers

• Add an about box to your solution - theres a standard form template for this.

In you menu's on the appropriate option click event put in code to call the about from

Dim About as new frmAbout
    About.Showdialog()

This assumes that you about form you create is called frmAbout.

An about form is just like any other form - nothing special about it - and there is a standard template to create one in VB Express.

Thursday, August 3, 2006 5:15 AM

All replies

• Add an about box to your solution - theres a standard form template for this.

In you menu's on the appropriate option click event put in code to call the about from

Dim About as new frmAbout
    About.Showdialog()

This assumes that you about form you create is called frmAbout.

An about form is just like any other form - nothing special about it - and there is a standard template to create one in VB Express.

Thursday, August 3, 2006 5:15 AM
  • I used the template and now its in AboutBox.vb but I want to make it so in one of my menu options in Form1.vb gets clicked on it opens the about box.
    Thursday, August 3, 2006 7:11 AM
  • Add an About menu item to the menu.

Create a click event handler for the menu item

Put your code in the click event handler

Thursday, August 3, 2006 12:32 PM
  • If youve added menu items - then adding another shouldnt be an issue.

And if you've used menu items you just adding code into the about menu item click event method.

How have you added or used menu items on form1 for any of the other menu items you have used - as you imply that you already have menu options on your form1.vb ?

Thursday, August 3, 2006 5:13 PM