Webservice response not getting assigned RRS feed

• Question

• User965854077 posted

Techies,

I am calling a third party Guidewire Webservice in a C# windows application. I am having an issue where the response object/variables are always null even though i get the response logged in trace file. Also i see the response in SOAP UI.

I have tried many different approaches here, but for some reason the response wont be assigned to output variables.

I tried adding it as Service Reference with no luck.

I tired generating proxy class files using SVCUtil and WSDL.exe, still no luck.

I verified all the request and response headers to see if there is any mismatch and it seems to be matching. i am not sure why the responses wont get assigned to output variable.

Trace file doesn't have any errors.. Can you please help on how we can proceed on this?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thank You!

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:32 PM

All replies

• User1168443798 posted

Hi ViralP0028,

Is it a public service? If it is, could you share us the address, we will make a test.

What is the service type, WCF Service or ASMX service?

Could you share us the generated client code, app.config by adding service reference and the code which you used to call service?

Could you share us the request in SOPA UI?

In addition, it would be helpful if you could share us the response logged in trace file.

Best Regards,

Edward

Thursday, August 3, 2017 3:12 AM
  • User965854077 posted

Thanks Edward,

This is not a public webservice so wont be able to share the URL.

I can share the request response by changing the namespace urls will that be fine? I know its difficult to respond without seeing them but in general is there anything that i might be missing?

thanks!

Thursday, August 3, 2017 3:40 PM
  • User475983607 posted

ViralP0028

I have tried many different approaches here, but for some reason the response wont be assigned to output variables.

Are the properties public and have the [DataMember] attribute?  Is the class have the [DataContract] attribute?

Unless you can provide source code there is not much we can do to help.  All we can do is guess.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 6:52 PM
  • User965854077 posted

Hi,

I don't see [DataMember] and [DataContract] attribute in the reference file generated using Add service reference.

As mentioned earlier, its not a public service, so wont be able to share the exact code. i can try to post some of it what i am using by altering somethings if that works.

Thanks!

Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:31 PM
  • User1168443798 posted

Hi ViralP0028,

Could you clear the questions in my first reply?

I agree with mgebhard, and I think you need to ask help from the third party, they are more familiar with their service.

Best Regards,

Edward

Friday, August 4, 2017 7:38 AM