none
is it possible for kinect paint to recognize gesture writing/handwriting? RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

sorry for my bad English and straight forwarding.

i got question about the Kinect.

whether can or not the kinect recognize gesture writing/handwriting? = something like Tablet PC.

any API need to include? = please list it down if there is APIs are using.

need guidance here.

thanks in advance!

kendrick0772

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:47 AM

All replies

• you want to recognize handwriting on some surfuce ? Or you want recognize a gesture made by user as a handwriting ?
    Friday, April 20, 2012 3:52 PM
  • you want to recognize handwriting on some surfuce ? Or you want recognize a gesture made by user as a handwriting ?
    you want to recognize handwriting on some surfuce ? Or you want recognize a gesture made by user as a handwriting ?

hi,

here is the picture. it is something like that.

**i edited the picture**

idea is something like picture shown above.

after user gesture draw/write a letter on the paint canvas, then by click the "check" button, scan and recognize what letter is it, a text message appeared on the bottom of the paint canvas (as picture above).

did i answer your question? any idea anyone?

thanks in advance!

kendrick0772

Saturday, April 21, 2012 4:24 AM
  • ok so you want to recognize a historical gesture. Application is recording gesture and it is trying to recognize a letter from it.

It is possible cause it is a gesture recognition but it`s not so simple. First of all you need to answer a question: "how do I know when user starts the writing gesture and when he stops it". If you`ll answer on that you can record data and than just compare it to the pattern

Saturday, April 21, 2012 7:18 AM
  • check this similar post

Thanks,
    MOHAMED A. SAKR | Software Development Lead Engineer | EgyptNetwork
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members. Also try to Vote as Helpful

Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:56 AM
  • Did you had a look on this project in CodePlex

Thanks,
    MOHAMED A. SAKR | Software Development Lead Engineer | EgyptNetwork
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members. Also try to Vote as Helpful

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:48 PM