Execute sequence question in orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a simple orchestration with the following shapes in sequence:

Scope:
    1. Receive shape with the receive port;
    2. Construct Message shape;
    3. Send shape with the send port;
    4. Expression: Used to output the informaion to event viewer.

Exception handler:
    Configured it to catch the System.Exception.
    Only 1 Expression shape in the handler, used to output the information to event viewer.

I have a question, the orc running with a exception when the send port sending out the message, why both Expression shape in the scope and exception handler will be executed? My understaind is the exception happened in the send shape, but the Expression shape in the scope is after the send shape, it should not be executed. Did my understanding right?

By the way, the exception is caused by the pipeline, may be that's the issue.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Marked as answer by kissedi Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:40 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:41 AM
  • Thanks for your response, Raja.

I have set the sed port's Delivery Notification to be "Transmitted", it is still the same.

My send port is used to send out an EDI file, it will not send back a message, so I think it can not use the request-response send port.

Is there any other ways?
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:10 AM
  • Could you explain more what you want?
    Thanks, Raja
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:46 AM
  • I want the ORC execute the Expression in scope only when no exception, and execute the Expression in Exception Handler only when exception happened, not execute both expression.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:18 AM
  • Once exception happen then Orchestration got suspended so no process further. I am wondering how is your expression get trigger.
    Could you send you application to me if possible.
    Thanks, Raja
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:32 PM
  • Hi Rajak,

I have found the reason. The exception happenned at the physical send port, it is the pipeline exception, not the ORC exception, so the orc process thought it.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:40 AM