none
[UWP] Notification is kiosk mode (assigned access) RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app that runs in kiosk mode (assigned access) and I just realized it does not receive and process push notifications.
    I'm using push notifications from azure to let the kiosk know when to perform a refresh.
    It appears this doesn't seem to work while under assigned access, I'm wondering if it's ONLY toast notifications that don't work, or raw notifications as well. At the moment I just receive a toast and then don't display it, and process it manually.
    Will I have a better time using a raw notifications? Will it work for my scenario?

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is excepted behavior that UWP apps in assigned access mode won't see any app notifications. You could refer this document:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/partnerapps/create-a-kiosk-app-for-assigned-access. Please see description of term for the assigned access.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

Does my original reply solve your question? 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:08 AM
  • Not exactly, I see that we can not receive toasts under kiosk mode.
    But will a raw notification work?

My kiosk app needs to be updated based on a push notification but does not need to show a toast.

Friday, July 13, 2018 2:33 PM
  • Hi,

>>But will a raw notification work?
    No,They also won't see any app notifications.

You could try to implement this by other ways. You might use background task or you could create socket and just tell the app what to do via the TCP communication.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Monday, July 16, 2018 6:06 AM