none
Css Properties window not opening

Question

• Hi,
    I am not able to open the CSS Property window on my solution. 
    I am able to see the CSS Property item in view menu but clicking it does absolutely nothing. 

Also my master page does not seem to pick up the style sheet and my design view works only in safe mode.

Saturday, April 23, 2016 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi ceorapdrp,

Which VS 2015 version did you use?

If you just create a simple web site default project, how about the result?

I test it in my VS2015 community and Enterprise versions, they all work well.

So maybe we would think about the VS or the Windows Environment or others if all web site projects have the same issue.

>>Also my master page does not seem to pick up the style sheet and my design view works only in safe mode.

Safe mode means that you run the VS in safe mode or run the windows?

If you mean that it worked well if you run your VS in safe mode:

devenv /SafeMode

I think we would think about the add-ins or extension tools in your VS IDE. Do you install any extension tools or add-ins in your VS after you setup the default packages? If possible, you could disable or remove them in the Extensions and Updates windows under Tools menu.

But if it works well after you start your windows in safe mode, maybe it would be related to certain tools or processes in your windows. Maybe you could close all third party tools or processes in your windows, check the result.

In addition, I use the VS2015 with update 2, so it would be better if you install the latest update packages.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 25, 2016 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi ceorapdrp,

This forum is about Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools. (Not for VB6 questions), as your issue is more related to the Visual Studio itself, we help you move it to the Visual Studio General Questions forum for better support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Albert Zhang

Saturday, April 23, 2016 10:08 AM
  • Hi ceorapdrp,

Which VS 2015 version did you use?

If you just create a simple web site default project, how about the result?

I test it in my VS2015 community and Enterprise versions, they all work well.

So maybe we would think about the VS or the Windows Environment or others if all web site projects have the same issue.

>>Also my master page does not seem to pick up the style sheet and my design view works only in safe mode.

Safe mode means that you run the VS in safe mode or run the windows?

If you mean that it worked well if you run your VS in safe mode:

devenv /SafeMode

I think we would think about the add-ins or extension tools in your VS IDE. Do you install any extension tools or add-ins in your VS after you setup the default packages? If possible, you could disable or remove them in the Extensions and Updates windows under Tools menu.

But if it works well after you start your windows in safe mode, maybe it would be related to certain tools or processes in your windows. Maybe you could close all third party tools or processes in your windows, check the result.

In addition, I use the VS2015 with update 2, so it would be better if you install the latest update packages.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 25, 2016 8:45 AM