none
Selling the Kinect v2 as part of a robotics product RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am part of a robotics startup that is interested in using the Kinect v2 as core part of my product

Are there any commercial re-sale restrictions regarding the Kinect v2? Could I purchase the sensor and re-sale as part of my product?

Please let me know

Thank you,

Saturday, December 20, 2014 5:56 PM

All replies

• Given that I am not a lawyer and cannot provide legal advice, please have someone on your legal team review the terms of the EULA. 

There are no restrictions for reselling the Kinect for Windows sensor.  The EULA authorizes commercial usage as long as its usage falls into the terms outlined.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, January 5, 2015 11:03 PM
  • Carmine,

Do you know if it is possible to include the Kinect 2 Unity plugin (with its C# scripts, DLLs, etc.) into a third party Unity toolkit that we would be selling in the Unity Asset store?

It would be very inconvenient for the users of our toolkit to require them to import additional assets before they can use it.

Thursday, January 8, 2015 3:01 PM
  • Any part of the SDK is covered by the EULA. If you are requiring users to use our components they will need to have the Kinect for Windows SDK installed as well.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, January 8, 2015 6:56 PM