Works on local machine, not on server: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' RRS feed

• Question

• User-908043281 posted

hi there, i need your help.

In my application I've in the folder bin the AjaxControlToolkit.dll, but when call the page in the browser I've this error, why?
    can you help me?

Works on local machine, not on server: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error 
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default"
    Line 2:      Debug="true" %>
    Line 3:  <%@ Register assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" tagprefix="asp" %>
    Line 4:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    Line 5:  <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:45 AM

Answers

• User840877147 posted

Make sure when you deply your app on server, dll is present in bin directory. I prefer adding references this way: Create saperate folder and put external dlls into it. Then add reference to project using the dll in that folder, instead of directly copying it to /bin directory.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:30 AM
  • User-1800438376 posted

delete all bin/ release , bin/ debug  and obj if any.

Clean solution and then rebuild.

upload it on the server again and then match the size of local vs server dll

make sure in which platform you are building 32bit or 64bit or both.

has to be BOTH

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:03 AM

All replies

• User840877147 posted

Make sure when you deply your app on server, dll is present in bin directory. I prefer adding references this way: Create saperate folder and put external dlls into it. Then add reference to project using the dll in that folder, instead of directly copying it to /bin directory.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:30 AM
  • User-1800438376 posted

delete all bin/ release , bin/ debug  and obj if any.

Clean solution and then rebuild.

upload it on the server again and then match the size of local vs server dll

make sure in which platform you are building 32bit or 64bit or both.

has to be BOTH

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:03 AM
  • User-908043281 posted

thank you!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:05 AM