none
Create a data entry form for SharePoint Online that can be utilised from talblet, smartphone or PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope I'm in the correct forum area, if not please move it to the correct area.

Is it possible for SharePoint Online to be used in the following example.

Technician1 goes to a construction site to assess and make that notes that all AS standards have been met before his team start their part of the work.

I want technician1 to be able to use his smartphone/tablet/laptop and open a SharePoint form that lists all the requirements that need to be meet before his team can start work.

The form should display a list of items with a true/false check box next to each item.  t will also have Date of Assessment, and an area for Additional Notes.

When technician1 submits the form, the information needs to be saved in a new excel document in the format of [CustomerName]-[JobNumber]-[TodaysDate].

Can SharePoint Online do this and if so how can I do it?

thanks,

Fulton.

Have a good day.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Fultz,

There are a lot of ways to achieve this. A couple of suggestions:

• You can create a list with the requirements added as metadata. Let the technician create a new list item and fill in the metadata. Create a workflow which fires after item creation and create a new Excel document in there.
    • You can also achieve the above by using a custom pagelayout.
    • Or you create a custom form with fields for the requirements. When a users hits the save button you add some code which creates the Excel document.

Regards, Sjoukje

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you.

Monday, March 20, 2017 5:56 PM
  • Hi Sjoukje,

The custom form sounds like what I'm after. The user  needs to click a true or false checkbox(radio button), for about 10 checks and add notes, if needed.

So I should be able to do the following:

load the 10 items that need checking off from the Custom list into a PowerApp form.

When the technician clicks save the form will generate a custom excel document in a SharePoint Document Library.

Does this sound feasible?

Thanks

Have a good day.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:18 AM
  • Hi,

Yes of course! You can check the following sites for more information on how to achieve this:

If you have any questions implementing this, please let me know!

Regards, Sjoukje

Monday, March 27, 2017 7:53 AM
  • Hi Sjoukje,

Thanks for the links,  I have had  look there and its seems to have confused me more.

I think know what I am trying to achieve, just have no idea  how to get started.

I have a custom list in SharePoint, I am trying to display the list data in an app, such as below.

The technician needs to be able select Pass or fail for each procedure in list.

What I'm having a problem with is displaying the list item title as text item and the Pass/Fail option as a submittable form option.

Could you please give me a hand with this to get me started?

thanks,

Fulton.

Have a good day.

• Edited by Fultz Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:13 AM missing image
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:29 AM
  • Hi Fulton,

I only see a blank image. Something went wrong?

Regards, Sjoukje

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Sorry about that, image should appear now.

Have a good day.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:14 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, I can see it now.

Is this how you've created the PowerApp: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/nl-nl/blog/powerapps-and-sharepoint/?

After that, the data is stored in the SharePoint list. What you need after that, is create a Remote Event Receiver for a list: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj220043.aspx. This event receiver is called right after the list item is created in SP Online. 

In there you can also add the code for creating a Excel Report and pass the list data into it. 

or.....

You use the out-of-the box SP feature for exporting to Excel: http://sharepointmaven.com/export-sharepoint-excel/

Regards, Sjoukje

Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:38 AM