cannot find System.Web.WebPageTraceListener on my computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to run web page with tracing but i get runtime error that says " cant find class  system.web.webpagetracelistner  ..version .....

I have this in web.config

<system.codedom>
        <compilers>
          <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" compilerOptions="/d:TRACE" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.3500.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" warningLevel="1"/>
          <compiler language="VB" extension=".vb" compilerOptions="/d:Trace=true" type="Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider, System,    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>
        </compilers>
      </system.codedom>
      <system.diagnostics>
        <trace>
          <listeners>
            <add name="WebPageTraceListner" type="System.Web.WebPageTraceListner,System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
          </listeners>
        </trace>
      </system.diagnostics>
      <system.web>
        <trace enabled="true"/>

<compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
          <assemblies>
            <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
            <add assembly="System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add assembly="System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
          </assemblies>
        </compilation>

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:50 PM

Answers

• Try adding ‘e’ in WebPageTraceListner.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Hello,

Welcome to MSDN Forum !

According to your description,It seems that this thread is caused by the spelling error”.   “WebPageTraceListner” should be “WebPageTraceListener”.

<add name="WebPageTraceListner" type="System.Web.WebPageTraceListner,System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

Hopes help you. If you have any question ,please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lilia Gong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 29, 2013 4:12 AM

All replies

• Try adding ‘e’ in WebPageTraceListner.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Hello,

Welcome to MSDN Forum !

According to your description,It seems that this thread is caused by the spelling error”.   “WebPageTraceListner” should be “WebPageTraceListener”.

Hopes help you. If you have any question ,please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lilia Gong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 29, 2013 4:12 AM