none
Send complete list at end of day

Question

• Hi Team,

Need some assistance on this one.  I have a list that is created throughout the day of multiple entries.  Rather that having a workflow send a email with each item, I would like to "batch" the items created that day and send all items in one email at the end of the day. 

Ideas?

Thank you! 

Friday, April 14, 2017 10:41 PM

All replies

• I don't think so, you can accomplish over though designer workflows. Reason is that, I have not seen batch process in SP designer.

Better approach is that, Implement PowerShell script or exe files with based on your comfort level. If you ask me about my choice, I will go for power shell scripts. Reason is that, maintains is easy for going forward. Schedule this to windows timer job for executing scripts or exe files. This process very simple and you can find code in Google easily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Lalith

----------------------------------------

Please mark as Answer, if this post solves your issue.

Friday, April 14, 2017 11:06 PM
  • Hi

I agree  with kirank.gutthi solution about using a scheduled powershell script

another way is to  send ( using a workflow or by a script ) an URL which will present the list filtered based on specific date interval. This way, the user will interact with sharepoint and will have direct access to all items

Let me know If you need more details

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Sunday, April 16, 2017 1:31 PM
  • Thank you. Not sure PowerShell will work for me as I am not a admin on the server, just a sharepoint admin for my site. Thanks though.
    Sunday, April 16, 2017 3:54 PM
  • Hi

you can do it as site admin as well

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Sunday, April 16, 2017 4:25 PM
  • How would I send the url by workflow?  I have created a workflow that creates a list of items I want to send.  I would love to send a email at the end of the day with the link to the page.  That would be great, just not sure how to do that. 

In thinking about it, would this work?  Create a workflow that triggers on new items, then pause until a certain time, send a email with the url, then mark (uncheck a box) saying all have been sent.  When the flow triggers for the second item

The question would be, how to have the second item on the next would first check to see if the box equals no before it triggers the exact same flow as the first?  I don't want to send 50 emails a night with all the same information.

Thanks!

Sunday, April 16, 2017 5:16 PM
  • You cannot accomplish everything over though designer workflow. You can use Pause event and ultimately you are putting pressure on Workflow. You may face time out in workflow. If you get time out issue, then you have to run workflow for each items manually. I suggest designer for simple workflows only.

You can customize the url in PowerShell. Everything is possible is Powershell and customization, maintains, enhancement and migration  is easy also going forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Lalith

----------------------------------------

Please mark as Answer, if this post solves your issue.

Sunday, April 16, 2017 5:24 PM
  • Hi Bill_Y,

Any update on this?

Thanks

Lalith

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 11:51 AM
  • Thanks for inquiring Lalith.  I have not learned the PowerShell as of yet so I do not have a solution.  I have this on my list of things to add in the future.  At some point I will need to learn the PowerShell. 

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:20 AM
  • Hi Bill,

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:22 AM