none
XSD.exe generates a wrong VB.NET Class RRS feed

• Question

Hey

I got a complex XSD-Schema from a Company, which describes a complete order Environment.

They are working with this Format over 1 year. But, when I create the classes for a typed dataset from xsd file, then this will not be generated correct. - There are many Errors with the Relations.

Can somebody take a look at this? - Does anyone know an other tool for this?

the Version of the XSD tool I use is:

Version=4.0.30319.17929

Here ist the xsd file: Zipped XSD File

THX a lot - Have a nice day

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Zero,

Triggered by another message from Kevin, I succeeded to open your dataset. Be aware this changes your dataset so do it with a copy. 

I did add existing item in solution explorere, right clicked on it and then selected the DataSet editor. (For others I gave in the VB forum the advice to try it here).

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:46 AM
  • Hey!

thx for this tip. But this wasn't my problem anyway.

Dim dSet as new NewDataset

please try to generate an class from this xsd file, using the xsd.exe tool. After the generation of the file, try to initialize the class by calling

thxthen you will see, that the above code can not run because of many relation errors.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 4:50 PM
  • Hi Zero-G,

If you would like other tools, you can have a look at this thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/386155/comparison-of-xsd-codegenerators-c

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:05 PM