Error while opening designer of xaml files on mac RRS feed

• Question

• User264641 posted

Hello,

I am trying to open xaml files' designer on my Mac with Xamarin studio but I am getting an error. How can I solve this problem? Also I tried to open them with Visual studio for mac but I got the same error.

Here is the error message:

Bridge [resources.resolve.theme] Failed to find style 'textViewStyle' in current theme Bridge [resources.resolve.theme] Failed to find style 'textViewStyle' in current theme Bridge [resources.resolve.theme] Failed to find style 'textViewStyle' in current theme Bridge [resources.resolve.theme] Failed to find style 'textViewStyle' in current theme mono.android.DesignerException at mono.android.DesignerSession.checkRenderResultForError(DesignerSession.java:175) at mono.android.DesignerSession.load(DesignerSession.java:225) at mono.android.DesignerSession.processMessage(DesignerSession.java:784) at mono.android.MessageListener.executeMessage(MessageListener.java:88) at mono.android.MessageListener$Runner.run(MessageListener.java:45) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 4:28 PM

Answers

• User264641 posted

Thanks JGoldberger, I solved this problem with changing the theme property to my custom theme.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 7:57 AM

All replies

• User21936 posted

What theme do you have selected in the Designer and/or what theme are you using for your app? Is your .axml layout file from the template or something you have edited previously? Could you post the code for the layout file?

Also can you post your XS version information? In Xamarin Studio (Mac), version information can be obtained by navigating to: Xamarin Studio -> About Xamarin Studio -> Show Details -> Copy Information button.

These other posts showing a similar error may help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30358549/android-studio-1-2-1-1-failed-to-find-style-textviewstyle https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=128424

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:12 PM
  • User264641 posted

Thanks JGoldberger, I solved this problem with changing the theme property to my custom theme.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 7:57 AM