What happens to the DP sample apps in CP?

Question

• Does anyone know the status of the sample apps contained in the Developer's Preview?  Will they also be in the Consumer Preview?  Will they be in the store?  If not, is there a way to copy the application files and manually install the apps in the Consumer Preview?  I'm rather fond of the weather app and would love to be able to use it in the CP.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:54 PM

All replies

• You will find out one week from today when the Consumer Preview becomes available. At this point, I don't think anyone outside of Microsoft knows the answer, and I'm guessing that no one inside of Microsoft who would ever post on this forum is allowed to share any information without permission.
    • Edited by WindowsVista567 Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:32 PM
    • Proposed as answer by WindowsVista567 Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:32 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by I-DotNET Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:17 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:32 PM
  • What comes next

'The Windows Store will be available when Windows 8 Beta is released, and we want customers to experience some great new apps at that time.'

Ted Dworkin, Partner Program Manager for the Store.

Ted didn't talk of what will happen to the older ones, but I speculate that most popular ones will remain.

Irfan

Friday, February 24, 2012 8:02 AM
  • @I-DotNET

I don't know what kind of answer you expect. Simply put, we don't know what will happen to the sample apps. As I said before, no one on this forum knows the answer, and those that do know are not allowed to discuss it (or so I assume).

Saturday, February 25, 2012 7:38 PM
  • I expect an answer to my question.  If that means waiting 4 more days (or longer) to find out, then we wait 4 more days (or longer).
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 1:43 AM
  • By that point, this forum discussion will be unnecessary.
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:11 AM
  • Well, if the CP doesn't contain the sample apps, then hopefully someone will post an answer to the last part of my question, is there a way to copy the application files and manually install the apps in the Consumer Preview?

Sunday, February 26, 2012 11:08 PM