none
[E2007+E2010] [EWS Java API 1.1][JAVA] - Problem with two versions of Exchange - autodiscover RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

at the moment I've hardcoded URL for EWS:

service.setUrl(new URI(https://myserver/ews/Exchange.asmx));

After we started to migrate the first users to Exchange 2010 we get the following errors:

The Client Access Server version does not match the accessed resource's Mailbox Server version.  Use AutoDiscover with the address of the resource being accessed to determine the correct URL to use to access the specified resource.

I tried to use:

service.autodiscoverUrl("mymailaddress@mydomain.com");

instead of the hardcoded EWS URL but I get the following error:

microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.ServiceLocalException
        at microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.AutodiscoverService.getRedirectUrl(Unknown Source)
        at microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.AutodiscoverService.internalGetLegacyUserSettings(Unknown Source)
        at microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.AutodiscoverService.getLegacyUserSettings(Unknown Source)
        at microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.AutodiscoverService.internalGetLegacyUserSettings(Unknown Source)
        at microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.AutodiscoverService.getUserSettings(Unknown Source)
        at microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.ExchangeService.getAutodiscoverUrl(Unknown Source)
        at microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.ExchangeService.autodiscoverUrl(Unknown Source)
        at microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.ExchangeService.autodiscoverUrl(Unknown Source)

So can anyone help me solving the problems in the mixed version environment of Exchange 2007 SP1 and 2010? How can I handle this fact with the EWS Java API?

Another fact is that EWS Java API is Version 1.1 AND we CANNOT UPDATE because the actual release does not support NTLM V2 any longer. Therefore please do not consider updating EWS Java API may solve the problem.

THX for any solution!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:14 AM