The participant 'HelloWorldParticipant' does not support action RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

As per the readme I am executing the helloworld example and am getting this error

<FaultMessage>Failed to create session. The participant 'HelloWorldParticipant' does not support action 'http://tempuri.org/HelloWorld'.</FaultMessage>

I searched the forum also and realised only I am getting this error :(. Can anyone please point out what I am missing here ?

Regards
    Paul
    Friday, September 29, 2006 8:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

There are three reasons your Hello World Sample doesn’t run.

First:

You have to go and check if you are in Session Admin Group of your active directory.   if not there add yourself. This is to be done only, if your are using Server Edition not the Dev lite edition.

Second:

Change the following values in the App.cofig  file of the Hello World project

<add key="SessionManagerUri"  value="http://<fully qulified machine name or Ip>/Session30/SessionManagerAdmin.ashx" />

<add key="UIFormUri"          value="soap.tcp://<machinename>:9100/UiFormService" />   

<add key="ParticipantUri"     value="http://localhost/HelloWorldService/Service.asmx" />

Separately check these URI by click them individually. There is one more thing you can try if it is not working try changing the default soap port to 9000 or any random unreserved port number. If 9100 is blocked by you firewall then this sample is not able to route message but as you problem is with session its fine to keep it 9100 as it doesn’t cause any problem in the session creation.

Third:

In the manifest file do the following change in the participant URL.

<ParticipantUrl>http://localhost/Helloworldservice/Service.asmx</ParticipantUrl>(Ctrl+click on the link it should take you to the asmx file)

<ParticipantUrl>soap.tcp://<your machine name>:9100/UiFormService</ParticipantUrl>

Remember one thing Ctrl+click on the link it should take you to the asmx file or wsdl file.This is the only way to check if the URI you are reffering is working fine or not.

At the end pass you credentials if you are using the session manager on the server edition in ‘domainname\useranme’ format.

If you follow all the above steps it will work.

Happy Learning..

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 1:57 PM

All replies

• Can u reply the code what u have written ,which will help in solving the problem.

Regadrs,

vittal.

Friday, September 29, 2006 10:37 AM
  • Vittal thanks for the reply.

I get this in , when I run my Hello World App itself , I did not do any code myself :)
    Friday, September 29, 2006 10:38 AM
  • So its in the example ,which has come with CSF download ?

Friday, September 29, 2006 11:04 AM
  • Please check the following things .

1. Check whether your participant service is working or not(Copy the URL in the Main -Service URI-Participant text in the IE browser ,If is shows you the WSDL then your participant service is working)

2. Check whether you have previlage to create session or not.

Regadrs,

vittal.

Friday, September 29, 2006 11:09 AM
  • Hi Paul,

There are three reasons your Hello World Sample doesn’t run.

First:

You have to go and check if you are in Session Admin Group of your active directory.   if not there add yourself. This is to be done only, if your are using Server Edition not the Dev lite edition.

Second:

Change the following values in the App.cofig  file of the Hello World project

<add key="SessionManagerUri"  value="http://<fully qulified machine name or Ip>/Session30/SessionManagerAdmin.ashx" />

<add key="UIFormUri"          value="soap.tcp://<machinename>:9100/UiFormService" />   

<add key="ParticipantUri"     value="http://localhost/HelloWorldService/Service.asmx" />

Separately check these URI by click them individually. There is one more thing you can try if it is not working try changing the default soap port to 9000 or any random unreserved port number. If 9100 is blocked by you firewall then this sample is not able to route message but as you problem is with session its fine to keep it 9100 as it doesn’t cause any problem in the session creation.

Third:

In the manifest file do the following change in the participant URL.

<ParticipantUrl>http://localhost/Helloworldservice/Service.asmx</ParticipantUrl>(Ctrl+click on the link it should take you to the asmx file)

<ParticipantUrl>soap.tcp://<your machine name>:9100/UiFormService</ParticipantUrl>

Remember one thing Ctrl+click on the link it should take you to the asmx file or wsdl file.This is the only way to check if the URI you are reffering is working fine or not.

At the end pass you credentials if you are using the session manager on the server edition in ‘domainname\useranme’ format.

If you follow all the above steps it will work.

Happy Learning..

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 1:57 PM
  • Hi Venu,

I am also facing some problems in running the Hello World Applciation.

I have done all the configurations as you have mentioned in this post. I am still facing the issues in creating the session. It shows the error - "There was some internal server error. Your call was not processed".

Can you please help me in this regard?

Thanks,

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 12:10 PM
  • Hi Sid,

The internal server error is a very generic error.It might me due to some other problem too.I faced it once and I solved it by reinstalling the CSF Framework.

It would be great if you refer the installation guide and check what changes you have to do in the session config files.( C:\Program Files\Microsoft CSF\V3.0\Configuration)

Let me know if you still face the problem.

Happy learning ,

Venu

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 1:16 PM
  • Hi Venu,

In the installation guide, its mentioned that:

a)       SQL Server should be configured for Windows Authentication, not SQL Server Authentication or mixed authentication modes.

b)       The account used in IIS Application Pool identity tab should be the same account that is running the Session Windows Service. This account should be configured to login to the SQL Server instance, and should have the ability to use the Session database, and should belong to the Session_User database role.

Again in the Session.config file, i found the following entry for the database connection:

<SessionDBConnectionString>SERVER=TVMKVMTT727;DATABASE=CSFSessionDB; user id=Session-Service;password=passw0rd!;<SessionDBConnectionString>

So i changed the account to 'Session-Service' under the IIS Application Pool Identity tab with the same password as above. Also this user 'Session-Service' is configured to login to SQL Server instance and is able to use the CSF Session DB and also belongs to the Session_User database role.

After doing these changes, when i run the program and tried to create the session, it shows the message - "The Remote Server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable".

What can be the problem now?

Thanks

Thursday, November 9, 2006 6:00 AM
  • Sid,

Can you quick check the session manger Uri in the internet explorer. The error seems to be due the unavailability of the server? Which version of CSF are you working on Devlite or Server.

Thanks,

Venu

Thursday, November 9, 2006 6:07 AM
  • Hi Venu,

I am using the CSF Devlite version. You are right. The Session Manager service was not available because of some issues in IIS. Now its running.

But again i am getting the same previous error - "The internal Server Error. YOur call was not processed". I debugged it through the Window Event logs and found out that the exception was - "Login Failed for the user 'Session-Service'. Reason- Not a trusted SQL Connection".

This user Session-Service is mentioned in the Session.config file. Do i have to make some configurations in the SQL Server now?

Thanks

Thursday, November 9, 2006 7:18 AM
  • Hey Sid,

The user name you are using works fine SQL Server ,can you check the access in SQL Server by the same userid .

Try one more thing In the user id text box of hello world sample try giving your user id in “domainname/userid” format.

I think it will work.

Happy Learning,

Venu

Thursday, November 9, 2006 7:43 AM
  • Hi Venu,

I got the solution- The SQL Server was running in the Windows Authentication Mode. I changed it to 'SQL and Windows' mode. Now the program is running and the session is also created.

Thanks a lot Venu for your support. I might need more in future

Thursday, November 9, 2006 8:26 AM
  • Np.I will be very active on this site for till next month so don't worry.Ping me whenever you need help.
    Thursday, November 9, 2006 10:13 AM