restoring back to windows 7 from windows 8

Question

• i was reading another post on this,widows 8 never asked for a partion to install it on,i made one just for it,and with previous windows previews ive installed,it gave options to go back,i backed up my windows on another drive,but windows 8 gives no options to restore to previous windows,,the guy who made the post asking for help is right,not the idiot who is putting him down,as far as the preview gos, *removed* ,good luck to the ones who rewrite it for microsoft,they will need it,ive had many many problems with it,its stupid the way its set up,i have tested just about every preview they have made in the last 15 years,by FAR this is the worst and most difficult to use,just waisted time installing it,and testing it for few weeks,and i sure am not going to help 10000000000 billion dollar comapany develope it,lol,its by far the worst piece of junk ive seen yet from ms,and i agree with the guys haveing problems,the install doesnt tell u *removed* about what will happen,
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:32 AM

All replies

• I gather you don't like it then.
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:01 AM
  • lmao,,,like i said its the worst i have tested in 15 years

dj

Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:43 AM
  • there is so many problems i couldnt even begin to list them all,and dont even want to waist the time,developers preview *removed*,it is junk,like the hummmm,dont ever remember nothing this bad except maybe milenimum 

dj

Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:49 AM
  • widows 8 never asked for a partion to install it on,i made one just for it,
    Windows installer would have asked for a drive to install it on had you chosen the Custom install during the installation. Its always advisable to do some home work prior any such major installation. The Windows 8 Developer Preview downloads page specifically states 'To dual-boot, you must first boot from media and choose an alternative partition.' I'm afraid, there is no going back to previous Windows, you may have to reinstall it through your recovery partition or the disk.

Irfan

• Edited by Irfanfare Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:13 AM to complete
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:53 AM
  • no it does not ask for that,in not *removed* idiot,and it never says u old files will be saved,if it told me that i never would have installed it,i made a drive for it,it did not ask where to install it,it asked if i wanted to save my files ,thats all,of course i said yes,but,it didnt save my files,or settings,its junk,another release to try get us to improve on *removed* that we have no control over,they will do what they want,this looks like my 12 yearold son wrote it

dj

Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:12 AM
  • he would have done a better job,lol

dj

Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:15 AM
  • Hey Djjoob,

Please do not use profanity in your replies. Please see the Terms of Use and Rules of Conduct for further information.

Steven

Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:18 AM
  • try telling that to the guy who was make the guy who was telling the exact truth about this product,when we come in here expressing the truth about this junk,how about some help? instead of being labeled an idiot?this is the worst piece of junk ms has ever asked anyone to test in 15 years,there is so many problems,i cant even believe they asked us to help,or even look at it,get real,if u are testing it,u see the problems ,start over with this junk

dj

Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:26 AM
  • Hey Djjoob,

Once Windows Developer Preview is installed over Windows 7, the only option for you to go back to Windows 7 will be for you to back up your data and then reinstall Windows 7. The option to install Windows Developer Preview a separate partition is available, but only when you boot from the installation media instead of starting the installation from within Windows.

If you would like to try troubleshooting the issues you are seeing when using Windows Developer Preview, please provide details of the problems or errors you are encountering so that we can try to help resolve them.

Steven

• Proposed as answer by Irfanfare Sunday, February 19, 2012 4:47 AM
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:37 AM
  • Just in case you had not realised, this pre beta DEVELOPER Preview is not a complete version of W8 but a base for the trial development of Metro apps. Many have examined it and passed constructive criticism via this forum to Microsoft. I suggest the W8 beta version shortly available would be the better one to install if you should choose to do so. Even so, some features which rely on 3rd party drivers etc still may not function correctly.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:44 AM
  • adjjOOB

There is a reason they call it a DEVELOPER Preview.  Most DEVELOPERS have some computing skills.

Why did you install it?

Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:49 AM
  • The same reason as you, I was curious.

On the other hand I knew what I was doing when I installed as a dual boot.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:08 PM
  • On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:08:37 +0000, d r h wrote:

The same reason as you, I was curious.

On the other hand I knew what I was doing when I installed as a dual boot.

Dave's question wasn't addressed to you, it was addressed to the person who
    started this useless thread.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Code:  Virus lasting about three to five days, accompanied by sore throat,
    runny nose and fever.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:47 PM
  • Whoops - I apologise Dave, had my attention too much on the thread and it seemed like something the OP might say. Forgot to check who did write it.
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:50 PM