Error Deploying LS V2 application after conversion from V1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems getting a project I converted from LightSwitch V1 to V2 deployed to the same webserver, which is IIS 6. I can take the original project devloped in VS2010 with LS 2011 add-in and deploy to the webserver all day long, but when I try to publish the updated build from VS 2012 I get this error "Web Dployment Task Failed. (Could not connect to the remote computer .....) using the specified process ("Web Deployment Agent Service") because the server did not respond......"

I know the service is running and configured, since I can deploy V1 applcations to the web server just fine. I have looked at many forumns and blogs and so far no success at getting this issue resolved. When I originally configured my IIS I followed Beth Massi's article and worked like a charm, I reviewed her updated blog for deploying 2012 to IIS and no luck.

Any insite and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:45 PM

All replies

• Can you verify that the credentials that you are providing in the publish wizard are that of a domain user that is in the Administrator group on the IIS machine?

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Monday, March 4, 2013 4:49 AM