none
When will .Net support TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 cipher suite with ECC parameters: NIST P-256 (SECP 256) and BrainpoolP256r1? RRS feed

• Question

• TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 cipher suite with ECC parameters: NIST P-256 (SECP 256) and BrainpoolP256r1 are pretty popular in Europe. E.g. German Standards enforce that, ECC/Brainpool curves have to be used to secure IOT scenarios. As far as I know ECC/Brainpool curves  are already supported by some C++ (OpenSSL) and Java libraries (Bouncy Castle). So the question is:

When will .Net support TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 cipher suite with ECC parameters: NIST P-256 (SECP 256) and BrainpoolP256r1?

Regards,
    Martin

Friday, December 5, 2014 3:39 PM

Answers

• Hello Martin,

>> When will .Net support TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 cipher suite with ECC parameters: NIST P-256 (SECP 256) and BrainpoolP256r1?

As far as I know, it is not supported .net currently.

My suggestion is that you could post a voice to site below, so that .NET team might consider adding this feature to further release:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 8, 2014 2:14 AM