Azure Stack Host Product KEY RRS feed

• Question

• Just Installed Replacement of TP3 Azure Stack ASDK,

Everything seems to have gone OK, but Host Product ID Key was not accepted or activated,

Have not checked the VM to see if the where activated.

Where can I get a valid Key for Host,  

I am a SPLA Partner but I would rather wait of official release of ASDK  to use my 2016-Datacenter Keys

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:32 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The prerequisites section of the documentation states that the OS and all required patches are already integrated into the image. Don’t use any keys to activate any Windows Server instances used in the development kit.

See the link here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-deploy#operating-system

You should be aware of these points with Azure Stack Development Kit:

•Azure Stack Development Kit must not be used as a production environment and should only be used for testing, evaluation, and demonstration.

•Your deployment of Azure Stack is associated with a single Azure Active Directory or Active Directory Federation Services identity provider. You can create multiple users in this directory and assign subscriptions to each user.

•With all components deployed on the single machine, there are limited physical resources available for tenant resources. This configuration is not intended for scale or performance evaluation.

•Networking scenarios are limited due to the single host/NIC requirement.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The prerequisites section of the documentation states that the OS and all required patches are already integrated into the image. Don’t use any keys to activate any Windows Server instances used in the development kit.

See the link here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-deploy#operating-system

You should be aware of these points with Azure Stack Development Kit:

•Azure Stack Development Kit must not be used as a production environment and should only be used for testing, evaluation, and demonstration.

•Your deployment of Azure Stack is associated with a single Azure Active Directory or Active Directory Federation Services identity provider. You can create multiple users in this directory and assign subscriptions to each user.

•With all components deployed on the single machine, there are limited physical resources available for tenant resources. This configuration is not intended for scale or performance evaluation.

•Networking scenarios are limited due to the single host/NIC requirement.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:05 PM
  • My Deployment is for testing Only,  with  our Microsoft CSP (Test customer account)

On-Premises (cloud)  <---> to (azure public)

I was just concern that the  ASDK  (Host) is displaying  "Activate Windows" after I deployed the ASDK

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 8:34 PM